Welcome to the P811M The Mickey Mantle School. We are a New York City Department of Education special education school in the Citywide Special Education District 75.
Our Core Beliefs:
We Believe Students Learn Best When...
- Classroom environments are structured and predictable.
- Instruction is driven by data and assessments.
- Students are given multiple means of representation, expression, and engagement through Universal Design for Learning to maximize access and rigor on an individual basis.
- Students are given Specially Designed Instruction based on students' unique physical, socio-emotional needs & strengths.
- Student-directed learning exists with an emphasis on communication, student-to-student interaction and student choice.